19 févr. 2015

Inspiration prayers.



Inspiration prayers.

These inspiration prayers are taken from the collection of therma texts connected with Bardo Thotrol.
You can find them in ‘The Tibetan Book of the Dead’.
Francesca Freemantle and Chögyam Trungpa.
Shambhala classics.


The main verses of the six bardo’s.

 
Now when the bardo of birth is dawning on me,
I will abandon laziness for which life has no time,
Enter the undistracted path of study, reflection and meditation.
Making projections and mind the path and realize the three kaya’s;
Now that I have attained a human body,
There is no time on the path for the mind to wander.

Now when the bardo of dreams is dawning upon me,
I will abandon the corps-like sleep of careless ignorance,
And let my thoughts enter their natural state without distraction;
Controlling and transforming dreams in luminosity,
I will not sleep like any animal
But unify completely sleep and practice.

Now when the bardo of Samadhi-meditation is dawning upon me,
I will abandon the crowd of distractions and confusions,
And rest in the boundless state without grasping or disturbance;
Firm in the two practices; visualization end complete,
At this time of meditation, one-pointed, free from activity,
I will not fall into the power of confused emotions.

Now when the bardo of the moment before death dawns upon me,
I will abandon all grasping, yearning and attachment,
Enter undistracted into clear awareness of the teaching,
And eject my consciousness into the space of unborn mind;
As I leave this compound body of flesh and blood
I will know it to be a transitory illusion.

Now when the bardo of dharmata dawns upon me,
I will abandon all thoughts of fear and terror,
I will recognize whatever appears as my projection
And know it to be a vision of the bardo;
Now that I have reached this crucial point,
I will not fear the peaceful and wrathful ones, my own projections.

Now when the bardo of becoming dawns upon me,
I will concentrate my mind one-pointedly,
And strive to prolong the results of karma,
Close the womb-entrance and think of resistance;
This is the time when perseverance and pure thought are needed,
Abandon jealousy and meditate on the guru with his consort.

With mind far off, not thinking of death’s coming,
Performing these meaningless activities,
Returning empty-handed now would be complete confusion;
The need is recognition, holy dharma,
So why not practice dharma at this very moment?
From the mouths of the siddhas come these words;
If you do not keep the gurus teaching in your hearth,
Will you not become your own deceiver?

 
Inspiration prayer for deliverance from the dangerous pathway of the bardo.


Homage to the gurus, yidams and dakinis,
with their great love may they lead us on the path.

When through confusion I wander in samsara,
On the undistracted light-path of study, reflexion and meditation,
May the gurus of the sacred lineage go before me,
Their consorts the hosts of dakinis behind me;
Help me to cross the bardo’s dangerous pathway
And bring me to the perfect Buddha state.

When through intense ignorance I wander in samsara,
On the luminous light-path of the Dharmadhatu wisdom,
May blessed Vairocana go before me,
His consort the Queen of Vajra space behind me;
Help me to cross the bardo’s dangerous pathway
And bring me to the perfect Buddha state.

When through intense aggression I wander in samsara,
On the luminous light-path of the mirror-like wisdom,
May blessed Vajrasattva go before me,
His consort Buddha-Locana before me;
Help me to cross the bardo’s dangerous pathway
And bring me to the perfect Buddha state.

When through intense pride I wander in samsara,
On the luminous light-path of the wisdom of equality,
May blessed Ratnasambhava go before me,
His consort Mamaki behind me;
Help me to cross the bardo’s dangerous pathway
And bring me to the perfect Buddha state.

When through intense desire I wander in samsara,
On the luminous light-path of discriminating wisdom,
May blessed Amitabha go before me,
His consort Pandaravasini behind me;
Help me to cross the bardo’s dangerous pathway
And bring me to the perfect Buddha state.

When through intense envy I wander in samsara,
On the luminous light-path of action-accomplishing wisdom,
May blessed Amoghasiddhi go before me,
His consort Samaya-Tara behind me;
Help me to cross the bardo’s dangerous pathway
And bring me to the perfect Buddha state.

When through strong unconscious tendencies I wander in samsara,
On the luminous light-path of the innate wisdom,
May the vidyadhara warriors go before me,
Their consorts the host of dakinis behind me;
Help me to cross the bardo’s dangerous pathway
And bring me to the perfect Buddha state.

When through fierce confused projections I wander in samsara,
On the light-path of abandoning all fear,
May the blessed ones, peaceful and wrathful, go before me,
The host of dakinis, Queens of space, behind me;
Help me to cross the bardo’s dangerous pathway
And bring me to the perfect Buddha state.

May the element of space not rise up as an enemy,
May I see the realm of the blue Buddha.
May the element water not rise up as enemy,
May I see the realm of the white Buddha.
May the element of earth not rise up as an enemy,
May I see the realm of the yellow Buddha.
May the element of fire not rise up as an enemy,
May I see the realm of the red Buddha.
May the element of air not rise up as an enemy,
May I see the realm of the green Buddha.
May the rainbow of the elements not rise up as enemies,
May I see the realm of all the Buddha’s.
May the sounds, lights and rays not rise up as enemies,
May I see the infinite realms of the peaceful and wrathful ones.
May I know all the sounds as my own sound,
May I know all the lights as my own light,
May I know all the rays as my own ray.
May I spontaneously know the bardo as myself,
May I attain the realms of the three kayas.


The Bardo prayer which protects from fear.


When the journey of my life has reached its end,
And since no relatives go with me from this world,
I wander in the bardo state alone,
May the peaceful and wrathful Buddha’s send out the power of their compassion
And clear away the dense darkness of ignorance.

When parted from beloved friends, wandering alone,
My own projections’ empty forms appear,
May the Buddha’s send out the power of their compassion
So that the bardo terrors do not come.

When the five luminous lights of wisdom shine,
Fearlessly may I recognize myself;
When the form of the peaceful and wrathful ones appear,
Fearless and confident may I recognize the bardo.

When I suffer through the power of evil karma,
May the peaceful and wrathful Buddha’s clear away suffering;
When the sound of dharmata roars like a thousand thunders,
May it be transformed into the sound of Mahayana teaching.

When I follow my karma without refuge,
May the peaceful and wrathful Buddha’s be my refuge;
When I suffer the karma of unconscious tendencies,
May the Samadhi of bliss and luminosity arise.

At the moment of spontaneous birth in the bardo of becoming,
May the false teachers of the tempters not arise;
When I arise whenever I wish by supernatural power,
May the illusory terror of evil karma not arise.

When savage beasts of pray are roaring,
May it become the sound of the dharma, the six syllables;
When I an chased by snow, rain, wind and darkness,
May I receive the clear, divine eye of wisdom.

May all sentient beings of the same realm in the bardo,
Free from jealousy, be born in a higher state;
When great thirst and hunger are caused by passions,
May the pain of thirst and hunger, heat and cold, not arise.

When I see my future parent in union,
May I see the peaceful and wrathful Buddha’s with their consorts;
With the power to choose my birthplace, for the good of others,
May I re3ceive a perfect body adorned with auspicious signs.

Obtaining for myself a perfect human body,
May all who see and hear me at once be liberated;
May I not follow all my evil karma,
But follow and increase what merit I may have.

Wherever I am born, at that very place,
May I meet the yidam of this life face to face;
Knowing how to walk and talk as soon as I am born,
May I attain the power of non-forgetfulness and remembrance of past lives.

In all the stages of learning, high, middle and low,
May I understand just by hearing, thinking and seeing;
Wherever I am born, may that land be blessed,
So that all beings may be happy.

O peaceful and wrathful Buddha’s, may I and others
Become like you yourselves, just as you are,
With your forms and your auspicious marks,
Your retinues, your long live and your realms.

Samantabhadra, the peaceful and wrathful ones, infinite compassion,
The power of truth of pure dharmadata,
And followers of tantra in one-pointed meditation;
May their blessings fulfill this inspiration-prayer.

Aucun commentaire: